Enfranchisement Legal Adviser (5 + years PQE)
Enfranchisement Legal Adviser (5 + years PQE)
Let us introduce ourselves
Mayo Wynne Baxter has over 200 staff and Partners across our Sussex offices and have been providing advice to the people of Sussex and beyond for over 150 years. We are proud of our heritage and our strong reputation in Sussex, but we have clients based across the globe. You will be joining a firm that prides itself on delivering exceptional service to our clients and to each other, in a friendly and supportive way.
We believe that we are stronger together and that our differences make us strong. We know that we are all more effective and perform at our best when we can completely be ourselves, and that the more diverse perspectives we have, the more we are able to learn, grow and thrive.
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Meet the Enfranchisement team
Our Enfranchisement team sits within the Commercial Department which comprises of 18 fee earners who act for a broad range of clients. Like the rest of the firm, we are pursuing an ambitious growth strategy over the next 3 years having recently joined Ampa – the UK’s leading group of legal and professional services companies.
As a result of this merger, our clients now have access to more than 900 experts across the group. These include new service areas such as planning, cyber security, data protection and risk management, to name a few.
We are seeking an experienced full time Legal Adviser (5+ years’ PQE) to join our Enfranchisement Team which sits within our well respected Commercial Team operating from the Lewes office.
Working closely with and supporting the Head of Enfranchisement in the Lewes office, you will be managing a range of leasehold enfranchisement work for our valued clients.
Marketing and networking skills are essential in order to participate actively in seeking new business, building relationships with potential clients and developing the firm as a whole.
This is particularly important as the Enfranchisement Team is steadily developing its reputation in this niche area and the Head of the team will require assistance in continuing to progress this specialism.
A high standard of interpersonal and communication skills are vital, especially in the context of client care and we are looking for someone who has a positive and friendly manner in dealing with clients, referrers and colleagues.
Your key duties will be:
- engage with prospective legal clients, produce matter estimates and pre-instruction documentation as required.
- working closely with a range of clients to provide fast and pragmatic advice
- exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner at all times.
- attending client meetings and dealing with legal reporting work
- Ensure effective financial management on files
- Contribute to business development strategy and identify opportunities to promote the firm both within own work type and other areas
Skills and experience you will have:
- previous experience in an Enfranchisement, Residential Property or Property Litigation role
- previous experience of managing and progressing matters.
- ability to manage your workload, knowing when to delegate and when to request additional input, to provide the best client service
- an understanding of clients as our business partners & the importance of knowing what is key for them
Key competencies you will need: How we work
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
- excellent communication skills
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences, and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have offices in hubs in Crawley, East Grinstead, Lewes, Brighton, Eastbourne, Seaford, Peacehaven, Storrington and Chichester. This role will require you to attend different offices from time to time and can encompass some home working.
MWB encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to join our team. We seek to engage a diverse workforce, focusing on inclusivity and fair treatment for all. We oppose all forms of discrimination and promote equality of opportunity in everything we do. We can make reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees with a disability so please let us know about any specific needs and requirements you have.
Contact Tom Biddle firstname.lastname@example.org