Senior Court of Protection Paralegal
Senior Court of Protection Paralegal
About asb law – Why choose us?
asb law is a pioneering, client-centric, UK law and consultancy firm. We’re recognised for our resolve to challenge convention and find better ways of delivering legal services.
Over recent years, the firm has transformed its operations, making some radical organisational changes along the way, including taking the profound step of sweeping away departmental profit centres in favour of a longer-term focus on client relationships.
This bold approach has earned us several plaudits including, most recently, an award for Innovation in the business of law: New business and service delivery models at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe 2018. Our managing partner, Andrew Clinton, also featured in the Top Ten Innovative Lawyers Europe 2018, acknowledging his innate passion and determination to transform operational practice.
asb law’s journey is supported and enhanced by the collaborative relationships we develop with our clients and with other service providers. We believe, that by working together, we can find innovative solutions – our aim is to create legal “ecosystems” that work for everyone.
We are investing in people who share our sense of purpose and want to re-write the way that legal services are delivered. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to join our highly regarded Private Client department based in our Crawley office.
As an asb Paralegal, we want you to adopt an approach that combines an effective investment in client relationships with an open and transparent delivery model. Our goal is to harness all available knowledge, skills and resources to deliver solutions that help clients to access the right service at the right price – delivering outcomes they want to achieve through a service we are proud of.
We encourage you to work flexibly and to apply your commercial insights to create high quality end-to-end solutions that make sense.
In return, we will engage with you to plan and support your ambition. Your performance will be measured on client satisfaction measures through our innovative rewards programme, which directly aligns with the firm’s core values: pioneering, transparent, collaborative and supportive.
What are we seeking?
We would love an experienced Court of Protection Paralegal however we are open to experience in other areas so if you are an experienced Paralegal who has an interest to get into Private Client work this role could be perfect for you!
IMPORTANT – you must have a clean driving licence and own a car in order to be able to visit clients. Due to the nature of this role, offer of employment will be subject to you completing a DBS check.
About the team:
Our Tax, Trusts and Probate team has established a strong reputation as one of the leaders in the South East for providing responsive, practical advice to individuals.
With a great depth of knowledge and experience between them, our specialists will ensure that you receive the very best advice. We strive to provide an excellent service to all of our clients, combining outstanding technical skill with a uniquely personal and down to earth approach.
About the role:
Specifically, a role within our expanding Vulnerable People Team handling the day to day management of the financial and other general affairs of individuals under Court of Protection deputyship orders and Powers of Attorney. Key summary of the role includes:
- Liaising with clients and third parties by telephone and in person in relation to all day to day aspects of managing the affairs of vulnerable people
- Monitoring and reviewing care arrangements
- Monitoring and reviewing clients’ financial matters
- Dealing with the assessment of costs on Court of Protection matters
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection
- Preparing annual attorney/deputyship accounts
Main responsibilities & duties:
- Managing a busy caseload, under supervision of an Associate Solicitor as required, dealing with a wide range of general management files and a supporting role on Court application files to include – principally Court of Protection and Power of Attorney general financial management files ( reviewing accounts, ensuring deadlines are met, liaising with general carer and client enquiries), completion of Court of Protection accounts, and general administration of the files and supervision of costs assessments.
- Acting for a wide range of individuals
- Client and wider liaison, both over the telephone and in person, providing progress updates and managing the financial affairs of the file
- Limited participation in marketing initiatives and precedent development
- Meeting financial targets of 1,000 chargeable hours per annum
Do you have?
- 1+ years as a Paralegal (desirable)
- Relevant work experience in a legal environment (essential)
- Experience of time recording (essential)
- Experience in dealing with Vulnerable Clients and the Court of Protection (desirable)
- Commercial awareness (essential)
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with accounts (essential)
- A genuine interest in Private Client work with the desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and handle a busy caseload with demanding clients
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Vulnerable Persons but with internal teams across the business
- A clean driving licence and willingness to travel to the Maidstone office and to attend client meetings out of the office
- Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09.15 – 17.15.
Salary: Dependant on experience
If you feel you could be exactly what we’re looking for and would like to help us make a difference, we would really like to hear from you!
To apply contact the in-house recruitment team either in writing to the address below or by email to Recruitment@asb-law.com
asb law LLP, Origin Two, 106 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex.RH10 1BF.
T: +44 (0)1293 861218
F: +44 (0)1293 861250
asb law LLP is an equal opportunities employer