Let us introduce ourselves
Mayo Wynne Baxter has over 170 staff and Partners across our Sussex offices and have been providing advice to the people of Sussex and beyond for over 150 years. We are proud of our heritage and our strong reputation in Sussex, but we have clients based across the globe. You will be joining a firm that prides itself on delivering exceptional service to our clients and to each other, in a friendly and supportive way.
We believe that we are stronger together and that our differences make us strong. We know that we are all more effective and perform at our best when we can completely be ourselves, and that the more diverse perspectives we have, the more we are able to learn, grow and thrive.
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Meet the Enfranchisement team
Our Enfranchisement team sits within the Commercial Department which comprises of 18 fee earners who act for a broad range of clients. Like the rest of the firm, we are pursuing an ambitious growth strategy over the next 3 years having recently joined Ampa – the UK’s leading group of legal and professional services companies.
As a result of this merger, our clients now have access to more than 900 experts across the group. These include new service areas such as planning, cyber security, data protection and risk management, to name a few.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished Enfranchisement Paralegal. We are looking for someone with ambition and drive to join our team. It is envisaged that this will be a full-time role, but we are always willing to consider different working patterns.
Your key duties will be
- to support on a wide range of leasehold enfranchisement work, including completion of initial contract packs, drafting sale contracts, notices and TR1 forms for a range of clients.
- attending client meetings and dealing with legal reporting work
- dealing with progress enquiries throughout from clients and conducting exchanges of contracts and completions of property transactions
Skills and experience you will have:
- previous experience in a Commercial Property, Residential Property or Property Litigation role
- ideally some understanding of Enfranchisement
- experience of contract packs, drafting sale contracts, notices and TR1 forms
Key competencies you will need: How we work
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
- excellent communication skills
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences, and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have offices in hubs in Crawley, East Grinstead, Lewes, Brighton, Eastbourne, Seaford and Storrington. This role will require you to attend different offices from time to time and can encompass some home working.
MWB encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to join our team. We seek to engage a diverse workforce, focusing on inclusivity and fair treatment for all. We oppose all forms of discrimination and promote equality of opportunity in everything we do. We can make reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees with a disability so please let us know about any specific needs and requirements you have.
For more information/to apply contact Grace Young firstname.lastname@example.org