Do you enjoy resolving disputes?
We are looking for an experienced paralegal who has enthusiasm, initiative, and a keen interest in developing their litigation career. This is a full-time hands-on role working in our busy civil litigation and dispute resolution department supporting our litigation partner.
The successful candidate will need excellent communication and teamwork skills, together with relevant and appropriate general litigation experience. You should be looking for a role that is interesting and exciting as well as challenging and stimulating.
We provide excellent career opportunities, the chance to get involved in all aspects of client matters and a stimulating and enjoyable working environment, all supported by an exceptional staff benefits package including a competitive salary (aligned to experience).
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Providing general support to litigation partner
- Drafting and proofreading legal documents
- Reviewing and reporting on documentation
- Taking statements from witnesses
- Attending to and assessing new enquires
- Interviewing prospective clients and passing on relevant information
- Researching cases and undertaking legal research
- Preparing cases for court hearings
- Liaising with third parties including expert witnesses, barristers’ chambers and enforcement agents
In addition, there will be general administrative responsibilities ranging from drafting correspondence, invoicing, speaking with clients/ other parties, diary management, preparing bundles, to name a few.
The attributes of the successful candidate will include excellent attention to detail and client service, a confident manner and ‘can-do’ attitude and IT proficiency. As a must you will have a good understanding of civil litigation legal procedure and the CPR.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV together with a covering letter setting out your interests and experience along with your salary expectations. All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.