Corporate Solicitor/Legal Adviser
Corporate Solicitor/Legal Adviser
Let us introduce ourselves
Mayo Wynne Baxter has over 200 staff and Partners across our Sussex offices and have been providing advice to the people of Sussex and beyond for over 150 years. We are proud of our heritage and our strong reputation in Sussex, but we also have clients based across the globe. You will be joining a firm that prides itself on delivering exceptional service to our clients and to each other, in a friendly and supportive way.
We believe that we are stronger together and that our differences make us strong. We know that we are all more effective and perform at our best when we can completely be ourselves, and that the more diverse perspectives we have, the more we are able to learn, grow and thrive.
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Meet the Commercial team
Our Commercial team comprises of 18 fee earners who act for a broad range of clients in both property and business matters. Like the rest of the firm, we are pursuing an ambitious growth strategy over the next 3 years having recently joined Ampa – the UK’s leading group of legal and professional services companies.
As a result of this merger, our clients now have access to more than 900 experts across the group. These include new service areas such as planning, cyber security, data protection and risk management, to name a few.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a full time Corporate Solicitor/Legal Adviser. We are looking for someone with ambition and drive to join our team. We are flexible on the number of years PQE and would consider NQ up to 5 years PQE and will have a real enthusiasm to take on this career opportunity.
Your key duties will be
to handle a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions and provide high quality legal advice on all aspects of business law.
- working closely with a range of clients to provide fast and pragmatic advice
- working with marketing strategies to attract new clients and developing relationships with current clients
- assisting on development opportunities within Mayo Wynne Baxter and externally
- assisting and supervising more junior fee earners, delegating appropriate work to paralegals, and supporting more senior team members on large complex matters
Skills and experience you will have:
- NQ to 5 years relevant experience working in corporate/commercial law – the role will not cover commercial property nor employment, but experience in these areas would be useful
- a proven ability to generate new business
- ability to manage your workload, knowing when to delegate and when to request additional input, to provide the best client service
- an understanding of clients as our business partners & the importance of knowing what is key for them
- ambition, leadership capability and vision to work as a team to grow the business
- being able to bring a client following would be advantageous & would be reflected in incoming level of seniority
Key competencies you will need:
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
- excellent communication skills
How we work
We envisage this role will be a full-time position, but we are always willing to consider requests for flexibility. We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences, and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have offices in Crawley, East Grinstead, Lewes, Brighton, Eastbourne, Seaford, Peacehaven, Storrington and Chichester. This role will require you to attend different offices from time to time and can encompass some home working.
MWB encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to join our team. We seek to engage a diverse workforce, focusing on inclusivity and fair treatment for all. We oppose all forms of discrimination and promote equality of opportunity in everything we do. We can make reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees with a disability so please let us know about any specific needs and requirements you have.
Please contact Tom Biddle email@example.com