Leading Sussex law firm, Mayo Wynne Baxter, provides a comprehensive and personal service to a broad spectrum of local, national and international clients across a range of business law and personal legal services. Our innovative approach to client service has helped us to win several awards.
We are now seeking a Compliance Assistant to join our Risk Management Team to be based in our Lewes office, with travel to other locations as required.
The role will involve being first point of contact and providing administrative support in respect of complaints and claims handling, managing the firm’s Law2Law referral scheme and providing administrative support for the firm’s management meetings
This is a challenging and varied role for someone who is highly competent, efficient and organised. The main duties will include:
• Scheduling and organisation of management meetings, meeting-pack production, minute-taking and following up on actions arising
• First response to client concerns in person, via email and on the telephone and providing support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
• Managing the Client Satisfaction survey process and any actions arising including reporting and communication
• Managing the claims and complaints process including maintaining accurate and timely records, providing reports, communication with insurers and liaising with legal teams regarding complaint resolution
• Drafting correspondence and documents for the Chief Executive/management team
This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and discretion and you will need to be very experienced with Microsoft Office including Excel with fast and accurate computer skills.
You will also have a high standard of interpersonal and communication skills with a pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients, particularly on the telephone. Full training will be provided on our approach to complaints handling and client service.
Whilst our full time office hours are 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, there may be some flexibility around total hours/working pattern and so in your application please include details of your preferred working pattern.
Please visit our website for a detailed job description.