Overage, Clawback Restrictive Covenants
Overage, Clawback & Restrictive Covenants
Restrictive covenants continue to cause problems on a regular basis and overage clauses are coming very much back into fashion. The course aims to look at some of the issues involved.
• Enforceability of restrictive covenants against third parties
• The implications of the Supreme Court decision in Alexander Devine v Housing Solutions (2020)
• Remedies for breach of restrictive covenants
• Enforceability of overage clauses
• The trigger event
• Case law on interpretation
Richard Snape has been the Head of Professional Support at Davitt Jones Bould since 2002. He speaks at numerous courses for law societies all over the country, various public courses, in-house seminars within solicitors’ firms and has also talked extensively to local authorities and central government bodies. His areas of specialism include both commercial and residential property, in particular in relation to local government law, conveyancing issues, development land, commercial property and incumbrances in relation to land.